Tuesday 27 September 2011

Lemon buttermilk pancakes





















Yum! Pancakes! I don't normally do this thing f getting up late and having a
leisurely morning brunch but today I did and enjoyed my lie in very much. In
fact I think this is the first time I've cooked pancakes this year. I adapted the recipe from Delia by adding lemon zest and curd but for such a simple recipe you could add a number of things: blueberries, raisins, nuts or maybe even half a mashed banana mmm... And as I was promised they were easy to make yet light and fluffy, just as a god pancake should be!


 
















Enough for 3 or 2 if your both starving

3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup or 120ml buttermilk
1/4 cup or 60ml water
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of lemon curd (preferably homemade)
1 1/4 cups or 150g self-raising flour
oil for frying

1. Mix together all the wet ingredients and the lemon zest together. Pour
into a well in the flour whisking until all combined Don't worry if you have
a few lumps as you wont notice once they're cooked.

2. Put  the pan on a mid heat and coat it lightly with oil. Once heated,
ladle about 2 tbsp of the mixture or enough for small pancakes. Once the
side are starting to cook and small bubbles are forming on the top flip them
over (this is about 2 minutes) and cook for another 2 again or until golden
brown. Continue until all the mixture is used up. Serve with berries and in
my case date syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment